We are working hard to introduce changes before it is too late to save the planet. We all see the impact of pollution - there is plastic littering our oceans and forests, there is a shortage of natural resources, and climate change looms over our icebergs. Endangered species and deforestation are threatening the biodiversity of the planet. We want to do our bit and not only spread the word about environmental issues but also make sure that our festival limits its environmental footprint. Our approach is manifested through our Eco Initiative “Zaraz Będzie Czysto” [Eng. “It’s about to be clean”]. Festivalgoers are encouraged to clean up after themselves, limit the amount of produced waste, as well as to segregate and hand over recyclable rubbish to the dedicated collection points within the festival area.
We introduced some new solutions in 2019 and we are looking to continue our efforts in the upcoming editions to become more sustainable in the future. We pledge to phase out single plastic use and introduce eco-friendly solutions. There will be NO single-use plastic carrier bags available at our merchandise stalls and the shopping alley. Catering zones will limit single-use plastic. Food and beverages will be served in paper containers whenever possible.
Want to be a force for good at our Festival?
We count on your help! Pol'and'Rock Festival becomes our home for these couple of days, so please take care of your campsites and make sure to dispose of your waste responsibly. We ask you not to leave anything behind and to make sure that the area of your campsite is clean. Remember to bin all waste and to recycle reusable items. Please don't leave your tents or camping equipment on the festival grounds.
- Take enough rubbish bags
- Keep your campsite clean and tidy
- Visit our waste dumping zones regularly. Recycle what you can!
- Don't litter: once you finish your meal, make sure to bin all waste, bin your bottles, and cans.
- Don't waste the water.
- Pack your plates (paper, multi-use, or eco), cutlery, bottles, mugs
- We don't need your furniture! Don't bring any chairs or settees.
- Cover holes you might have dug up.
- Take your tent, and camping equipment back with you.
- Zaraz Będzie Czysto! - It's about to be clean! Let’s do it all together – the challenge is huge, but let's start with... several thousands of rubbish bags. It is the cost of PLN 40 800. We will manage to collect that sum! Ready, steady, go! Our next challenge will be the containers. Let's join our forces! - encourages Jurek Owsiak, originator and organiser of the Pol'and'Rock Festival.
Support the Eco Initiative at Pol’and’Rock Festival by making a donation!
The money will cover the cost of the post-festival cleanup, i.a. of the purchase of thousands of rubbish bags.
Our Festival's oath:
"This is my piece of land that I shall care for and respect. It is my home, filled with love, tolerance, brotherhood and friendship.
So help me rock’n’roll, rock’n’roll, rock’n’roll!"